Fort Bend County Post-Divorce Modification Lawyer

It is important that divorce, visitation, and other decrees are updated to meet present needs. Life can change in an instant, especially in today’s economy. Many people are losing jobs and experiencing financial difficulties. If your life circumstances have changed, a knowledgeable attorney can help you modify certain aspects of your original divorce paperwork. The Zand Law Firm will draw from our family law experience to assist you in gaining a modification to child support or spousal support, child visitation, and child custody. There are most commonly two types of post-decree modifications: child support modifications and parenting plan modifications.

Why you might need a modification to child support, visitation, or custody?

As years go by and people get older, some changes call for the modification of a divorce decree:

  • A parent gets remarried
  • A parent relocates
  • A child reaches the age of 18
  • Job loss or reduction in income
  • Parent neglect
  • Abuse
  • Drugs and alcohol use

Fort Bend County Child Custody & Visitation Lawyer

A divorce will legally end the marital relationship between you and your spouse but the relationship with your children should not end. Child custody and visitation, otherwise referred to as possession and access, is usually the most complex aspect of divorce. Making plans to share time with your children can be difficult to agree on, however, with the help of an experienced Texas child custody attorney, you can find a possession and access plan that best suits your family situation.

The Zand Law Firm is a law firm that works with families to develop child custody and visitation plans that are in the best interests of your children. Over a decade of family law experience helps us accurately evaluate family situations, suggest possession and access options, and passionately advocate for clients.

Sugarland and Richmond Visitation Attorney

Possession and access, also called visitation, is a court ordered plan that outlines the time that children will spend with each parent. The court has guidelines which may be applied to your case, however, the Zand Law Firm is able to present schedule alternatives to the court if your family wishes to execute a customized parenting plan. As children grow older and circumstances change, you may wish to modify an existing child custody or visitation order.

Contact an Experienced Family Law Lawyer

You can take comfort in knowing that the Zand Law Firm has a long history of helping clients effectively modify their custody, parenting, and support situation. Every measure in determining or modifying child custody and support is taken with the best interests of our clients in mind.

To contact an experienced divorce attorney who has substantial experience in post-decree modifications in Texas call the Zand Law Firm at 281-751-6466.